In response to COVID-19, Families for Addiction Recovery has moved it’s parent support group online. It provides a safe virtual space where parents can discuss practical strategies, find support, and share resources and information that worked for them. This group uses the principles of Community Reinforcement and Family Training (CRAFT), Motivational Interviewing and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT). It is facilitated by a parent with lived experience, who also holds a B.A. in Psychology and an Addiction Care Worker diploma.
- Meetings are conducted via video conference on the 1 st and 3 rd Monday of every month or the following Tuesday if Monday is a holiday (see meeting dates below).
- 7:00 pm -8:30 p.m.
- Participation in the group is free. No registration is required.
When you click the link above you will be prompted to allow the video conferencing tool to access your devices camera and microphone. Please mute your microphone unless speaking.
2020 Meeting Dates:
- March 30
- April 6 & 20
- May 4 and Tuesday, May 19
- June 1 & 15
- July 6 & 20
- August 4 (Tuesday) and August 17
- September 8 (Tuesday) and September 21
- October 5 & 19
- November 2 & 16
- December 7 & 21