FAR is a Canadian registered charity and donations are tax deductible
You can also direct part of your United Way donation to FAR
Addiction hurts families. Families for Addiction Recovery (FAR) understands. Our Parent to Parent (P2P) Peer Support Program is running at capacity and we need to train more parent volunteers. Help us reach more families by making a donation.
30% of Canadians say they are personally impacted by addiction. Imagine a time when all Canadians with addiction are treated the same as patients with a physical illness.
You can help a family struggling with addiction. As one of the few registered charities in Canada focusing on families affected by addiction, we advocate for:
- the elimination of barriers to publicly-funded, timely, compassionate, evidence-based treatment
- health care funding for addiction and mental health equal to the burden of the disease
- better education for emergency department and family physicians about addiction and treatment
- more addiction medicine specialists
- a public health approach to drugs and addiction so those struggling with addiction get treatment and support instead of a criminal record
- the strict regulation of addictive substances in accordance with their relative harms in order to protect our families.
See the difference you can make for families with teenagers and loved ones struggling with addiction:
$50 provides one-on-one peer support to a family caregiver for 2 months in our P2P Program
$125 funds our live support line for one week
$200 trains one parent volunteer to become a peer supporter for our P2P Program
$500 funds our live support line for one month
$875 funds the monthly administration costs of our Public Service Announcement that plays across Canada
Donate via CanadaHelps.org
You can make a one-time donation or arrange for monthly donations online. You can also donate securities and mutual funds, which can be the most tax efficient way to give. You may also designate that your donation is honour of, or in memory of, a loved one.